By Sean P. Cunningham
Read or Download American Politics in the Postwar Sunbelt: Conservative Growth in a Battleground Region (Cambridge Essential Histories) PDF
Best practical politics books
Not easy the normal knowledge that americans are much less engaged than ever in nationwide lifestyles and the democratic technique, speaking jointly paints the main entire portrait to be had of public deliberation within the usa and explains why it is very important America’s destiny. The authors’ unique and wide learn unearths how, whilst, and why electorate seek advice from one another in regards to the problems with the day.
Within the overdue Nineties, well-liked students of civil-military relatives detected a decline within the political value of the militia throughout Southeast Asia. A decade later, notwithstanding, this pattern turns out to were reversed. The Thai army introduced a coup in 2006, the Philippine defense force elevated their political privileges lower than the Arroyo presidency, and the Burmese junta effectively engineered pseudo-democratic elections in 2010.
In early 2012, conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh claimed that Sandra Fluke, a Georgetown college legislation scholar who endorsed for insurance of contraceptives, "wants to be paid to have intercourse. " Over the following few days, Limbaugh attacked Fluke in my opinion, usually in crude phrases, whereas a strong backlash grew, led through agencies reminiscent of the nationwide association for girls.
Die Ergebnisse der ostdeutschen Wahlen nach 1989 haben gezeigt, dass Wahltraditionen aus Zeiten der Weimarer Republik nur selten fortbestanden; in einzelnen Regionen jedoch, conflict ein solches Anknüpfen deutlich erkennbar. Ein besonders prägnantes Beispiel dafür ist das traditionsreiche thüringische Obereichsfeld, die größte katholische Enklave Ostdeutschlands.
- Building a Business of Politics: The Rise of Political Consulting and the Transformation of American Democracy (Studies in Postwar American Political Development)
- Living in an Age of Mistrust: An Interdisciplinary Study of Declining Trust and How to Get it Back (Routledge Studies in Governance and Public Policy)
- Political Thought and the Tudor Commonwealth: Deep Structure, Discourse and Disguise
- Zhao Ziyang and China's Political Future (China Policy Series)
- The Anatomy of Neo-Colonialism in Kenya: British Imperialism and Kenyatta, 1963–1978 (African Histories and Modernities)
Additional info for American Politics in the Postwar Sunbelt: Conservative Growth in a Battleground Region (Cambridge Essential Histories)
American Politics in the Postwar Sunbelt: Conservative Growth in a Battleground Region (Cambridge Essential Histories) by Sean P. Cunningham